The Arabic Department has a tradition as old as the College itself. B.A. Arabic was introduced in 1959 and M.A. Arabic in 1967. The department is recognized by Calicut University as a research centre. With professionally trained members on the staff, it provides ample scope for the students to get themselves exposed to translation, communicative and functional Arabic and software packages in Arabic.